Finger, hand and wrist joint dislocations
Dr Jill Tomlinson offers a full range of hand and wrist surgery services at Melbourne Hand Surgery. We manage joint dislocations affecting the:
- Carpometacarpal joints
- Distal interphalangeal (DIP) joint
- Distal radioulnar joint (DRUJ) associated with TFCC injuries
- Interphalangeal joint of the thumb
- Lunate (and perilunate fracture dislocations)
- Metacarpophalangeal joint
- Proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint
Not sure which joint was dislocated? Look at the picture below to help work out the medical terminology. The lunate bone is one of the carpal bones in the wrist.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for please try the "search" box in the left hand column - with many different categories of hand injuries this is the quickest way to find what you are looking for if you haven't already found it! If you can't find what you're looking for please let us know, so we can develop new content that will assist you and future visitors.